- 01 – Aspasia Nasopoulou – Olinda (Hidden City)
- 02 – Theodore Antoniou – Seven Rhythmic Dances
- 03 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert Three Mediterranean Herbs – Thyme
- 04 – George Couroupos – From Three Times the Love 118 with Passion Op. 43
- 05 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert Three Mediterranean Herbs – Mint
- 06 – Kostas Siembis – Chorales in Memory
- 07 – Kostas Tsougras – From Three Stylistic Studies To Endeka (Eleven) – Study on Yannis Constantinidis
- 08 – Aspasia Nasopoulou – Ochto
- 09 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert Three Mediterranean Herbs – Sage
- 10 – Stathis Gyftakis – First Dream
- 11 – George Couroupos – From Three Times the Love Countless Eighths – Always with Love
- 12 – Anastassis Philippakopoulos – Piano Piece (2015)
- 13 – Stathis Gyftakis – Deep Blue… Almost Black
- 14 – Joseph Papadatos – Anadyomene (Rising from the Sea) Op. 108
- 15 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert Grouper
- 16 – Anastassis Philippakopoulos – Piano Piece (2014)
- 17 – Dimitrios Skyllas – From Nine Miniatures for the Universe Mirroring Earth Miniatures II and VI
- 18 – Stathis Gyftakis – Nightmares
- 19 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert Praying Mantis
- 20 – George Couroupos – From Three Times the Love 138 with Love Op. 43
- 21 – Giorgos Kyriakakis – Alfred auf Yaros
- 22 – Leontios Hadjileontiadis – (Con)Sequences. In a Yannis Constantinidis Style Op. 84
- 23 – Calliopi Tsoupaki – Lasting Sounds of a Deep Sea
- 24 – George Koumendakis – From Mediterranean Desert The Caterpillar and the Treble-Bar of L. van B.
- 25 – Vassilis Kitsos – Of Every Breath
ERATO ALAKIOZIDOU – IN BLUE AND WHITE
The music chosen by pianist Erato Alakiozidou for this programme represents a spiritual journey of self-discovery. Grouped together, these pieces create a mystical atmosphere, at once abstract and deeply-felt. The effect is as powerful as the sights and smells of the Mediterranean, with its distant sounds, echoes, and reflections of blue and white – from which the CD takes its title. The Greek composers featured are distinguished by their technical skill, cohesion and clarity of musical thought, their music shimmering with the transparency and clarity of the Mediterranean sea, with its mixture of isolation and cosmopolitanism.
Erato Alakiozidou has arranged these works in a carefully-chosen order to create a musical and emotional journey for the listener. Each work has its own voice, its own personality; a different sonority, intensity, character, notation or quality of attack.
The music featured on this disc ranges from the abstract, such as the Piano Pieces by Anastassis Philippakopoulos, to the metaphysical, in the dream-pieces of Stathis Gyftakis, to the evocative, with Mediterranean flora and fauna conjured up in Mediterranean Desert by Giorgos Koumendakis; fish and insects suggested as vividly as the fragrances of sage, mint, and thyme.
Erato Alakiozidou was born in Greece and, from her home in Thessaloniki, has been active in commissioning, promoting and performing Greek contemporary music for 20 years. She believes passionately in the capacity for Greek music in all its quality and variety to find a wider international audience. This disc is the fruit of that passion.
Booklet in English, German and French.
Program notes by Vassilis Kitsos.